I'm sorry everyone, but I can't be with you today. I'm at home with Bailey, my youngest daughter. She is fighting the flu and an ear infection so I'm at home taking care of her today. I'm sorry that I can't be with you to work with you on you logos and uploading your photos to Schoology. Since I'm not there today, we will hold off on making the proof sheet for your photos. However, the photos themselves are still due today. Make sure that you upload them to the White folder in Schoology. If you don't get them into Schoology tonight by 11:59 the photos will be considered late.
Aside from turning in your photos, I would like you to continue to work on your logo project. If you have not yet done so, finish drawing drawing your four thumbnail sketches for your photography logo. Once they are all made, choose the design that you like the most, grab another sheet of paper and sketch a large version of it. This one should be big, filling most of the paper. Take our time drawing it though. Make the lines smooth and clean. Once it's drawn, grab the colored pencils from the counter top and color it as you would like it to appear. Finally, after it is drawn and colored, log in to one of the computers at the end of the computers and scan your drawing. This page and video will explain the process.
Lastly, the assignment for next weeks photos is textures. I would like you to take 10 photos of textures. We will use these photos later to antique a photo. This page will explain what I mean and what I'm looking for. Just like last weeks photos, there will be due next Friday. That's it for today. Hope you have a fantastic day and an even better weekend!
What are we learning today?
1. PPT: Workflow
2. Bridge Basics
3. Demo: Making a Proof Sheet
4. Next Weeks Assignments
5. Objectives to accomplish today:
- Decide on a theme for you as a photographer
- Choose a name and image to represent you
- Sketch four thumbnails of your idea as an effective logo
- Comprise a shape or at least be tight
- Image & type
- Choose the best thumbnail, make a rough
- Large (8 x 8?)
- Colored with colored pencils
- Get approved
- Scan the rough
- Make a new file in Ai, place the scan
- Lock layer 1, create a new layer
- Vector the logo one shape at a time, completing each shape
- Test each shape by filling it
- Turn in the Ai file to Schoology
- Take at least 10 portraits using techniques form the lesson
- Upload the pictures to the computer
- Make a proof sheet, print and turn in
- Upload just the photos to Schoology
7. Review/what’s next
Handouts: Proofing, Image Transfer & Workflow, Bridge Basics